As we near the end of the school year, and your students have been doing some awesome work in Seesaw. One way to highlight best work is to have students place that chosen work into a “Best Of” folder. This is a great way to have your students reflect on all the work they have posted in Seesaw throughout the year and focus in on the few posts that they are really proud of.
So how do you make this happen? Here are the steps:
- On a desktop or Laptop Computer, go to Seesaw.me and sign in as a teacher.
- Next, go to the Wrench or Class settings on the upper right side of the Seesaw dashboard.
- In the Class Settings, find and select “Manage Folders” and create a folder called “Best Of (your grade or your class name)”. If you add a period at the beginning of the folder name, it will appear at the top of the folder list for easy-to-find access
- Also, make sure the “Show add to folder step” says “Students and Teachers”
- Next, under the Student Settings, make sure that Enable item editing is turned on.
- Last, in Student sign in mode you need to be in Class Code – 1:1 devices. This is important even if you do not have one to one in your class. You can always switch it back once this project is complete.
Once these settings are set, and a student signs in, they will now be able go through all of their posts and decide which would be best to put into the new “best of” folder. To do this, students would
- Tap the folder icon at the bottom of each post
- Select the “Best Of” folder to place it there
- Then click the check mark to complete the task. They will do this for every post they wish to put in this folder.
Notice that once the green check is tapped, a notification will appear at the top of the post that says “Waiting for Teacher Approval. This is happening because the student is editing a post that the teacher has already approved and will need to be reapproved.
This might get confusing because these are posts that have already been approved; families have seen it and comments may have been made. This re-approve process is happening because they have added a folder tag to the post.
To get really fancy, Teachers can filter to each students best of folder and have the option to print as PDF all the work in that folder. This might be done to create a physical copy for record keeping, or as a nice keepsake for families.
For more Seesaw tips and info don’t forget to click below.