OneDrive now makes it easy to block download of OneDrive files you’ve shared.
With a simple toggle, you can set those file so that if you share them, the viewers won’t be able to download a copy of their own.
Follow the steps below to learn how to do this.
Turn Off Download For Shared OneDrive Files
- Open OneDrive through the Office Online.
- Find the file you want to share and click on the share button (it will appear if you hover over the file name)
- Click on the Share Status box (e.g.- where it says Anyone With the Link Can View)
- A context menu entitled Link Settings will open
- At the bottom is a toggle to Block Download. By default this is set to off. Clicking on it will toggle it on and now when you share the link for that file, viewers won’t have the option to download it.