Hour of Code is December 9th – 15th, 2019
LINK to sign up for the 2019 Hour of Code
Our goal is for every Issaquah Student to get an Hour of Code this year!
Why Computer Science?
Software is everywhere. It’s shaping almost every aspect of how we live our lives. But very few kids are learning how to actually create games, apps and programs.
Did you know?
- 90% of American schools don’t teach computer science.
- Fewer students are learning how computers work than a decade ago!
- All students can learn to code. But girls and students of color are severely underrepresented in computer science.
Computer science is a foundation for every student. That’s why we’re introducing ours to these critical 21st century skills.
Hour of Code activities available for many levels of coding, tech configurations, and content areas.
- Search new tutorials and lesson plans that introduce students to computer science in a variety of ways.
- Use filters to discover more challenging activities that fit all grade and experience levels.
- Want to connect computer science to social studies, math, or another subject? Use the topic filter to find subject-specific activities. And encourage other subject area teachers at your school to sign up and try it in their classrooms too.
- Over 45 different languages available
Anybody can learn, no experience required, and it only takes an hour.
Code.org Classroom Resources
- Click here for a Family Letter
- Hour of Code “How to”
- Menu of activities from Code.org
- Click here to print certificates for your class!
GLAD Resources for Coding