Path 1 – Opening a Shared OneNote Notebook from a link in an email
- Click on the link, which will take you to:
- From here, follow directions below to in Path 2 to open your notebook
Path 2 – Opening a Shared OneNote Notebook from Office 365 Online
- Go to https://login.microsoftonline.com/en and log-in to your Office 365 account.
- Username is your district email and your password is your normal computer network password.
- If prompted select “Work or school account”
- Click on the OneNote Tile
- Select the ‘Shared with Me’ tab
- Open the notebook and then click on the Edit in OneNote button (at the top of the page, in the center or to right, depending on your browser.) This will download the notebook and open it in the desktop version of OneNote. You will then have access to the full features of OneNote, and the notebook will be there whenever you open the desktop version of the app on that computer. It will save and sync all of the changes you make automatically so that all collaborators will see them. You can verify sync status by looking for the green sync symbol over the picture of the notebook in the upper left of the page.
- Once you have completed this process, the notebook should open for you every time you open the desktop version of OneNote. The best way to access the notebook is to open the desktop version of the app.