What is Connect?
Connect is a tool for teachers to create a web presence, which provides information to students and families about what is happening in class.
How do I access Connect?
To set up a new Connect group, please talk to your Webmaster (scroll to bottom to list of Webmasters by school site).
To log-in to Connect, go here.
How do I log into Connect?
Username: ISD email address (e.g. – firstname.lastname@example.org)
Password: Set yourself by using the “Forgot Password” link and entering your district email.
- Elementary teachers can now add a ‘theme’ to their welcome page that includes links to commonly used resources. Click here to learn how.
- When you setup a new group, use the elementary or secondary template to help you ensure you are meeting the web presence requirements.
- Elementary teachers may choose to focus on having regular blog posts in a blog, along with maintaining a calendar of major events and a media gallery with important resource files.
- Secondary teachers may choose to focus on posting daily calendar events with the relevant files attached (classwork and homework, keys) and posting important resource files in a media gallery.
- Files uploaded to Connect automatically become document previews, which are searchable .pdfs that can be downloaded.
Get paid to learn about Connect
Connect trainings often happen at school sites around the district – watch PD place for opportunities. If you know multiple people at your school site would appreciate some help, consider asking your consider asking your Ed Tech Lead to set up a Connect training before or after school as part of your school’s Building Tech Series.
There are Atomic Learning videos that you can watch for support with Connect. Choose the videos to watch based on your experience level with Connect:
Where can I get help with Connect?
Each school building has a Webmaster (a fellow staff member) who is the designated “Connect expert” for your site. You can find out who your Webmaster is here.
You can always contact any of the Instructional Technology Specialists in the Ed Tech department as well. We are here to help.