What is Connect?
Connect is a tool for teachers to create a web presence, which provides information to students and families about what is happening in class.
How do I access Connect?
To set up a new Connect group, please talk to your Webmaster (use the drop down menu to filter to a specific school).
To log-in to Connect, go here.
How do I log into Connect?
Username: ISD email address (e.g. – firstname.lastname@example.org)
Password: Set yourself by using the “Forgot Password” link and entering your district email.
- When you setup a new group, use the elementary or secondary template to help you ensure you are meeting the web presence requirements.
- Elementary teachers may choose to focus on having regular blog posts in a blog, along with maintaining a calendar of major events and a media gallery with important resource files.
- Secondary teachers may choose to focus on posting daily calendar events with the relevant files attached (classwork and homework, keys) and posting important resource files in a media gallery.
Get paid to learn about Connect
There are Kyte Learning videos that you can watch for support with Connect. Choose the videos to watch based on your teaching level with Connect:
- Connect for Elementary Teachers – Guide for Existing Users
- Connect for Secondary Teachers – Guide for Existing Users
Where can I get help with Connect?
Each school building has a Webmaster (a fellow staff member) who is the designated “Connect expert” for your site. You can find out who your Webmaster is here.
You can always contact any of the Instructional Technology Specialists in the Ed Tech department as well. We are here to help.