The school year is finally ending and if you use Seesaw for Schools (K-5 teachers), here are some tips to help you and your students close it out right.
Tip #1: Check Your Account
First of all lets make sure you are actually using Seesaw for Schools which the Issaquah School District supports for our K-5 teachers. Here is how you check:
- When you sign into Seesaw, tap your profile icon in the top left of the screen.
- Then tap the gear icon, and select “Account Settings”.
- Under “Seesaw Plus”, click on “Manage Subscription”. You should see that your status says “Seesaw for Schools”.
In addition, it is important to make sure you are connected to your school.
- First, tap your profile icon in the upper left again.
- Next, look all the way to the bottom and your school name should be showing.
- If it says select school, go ahead and choose that, then find your school.
Tip 2: Leave your Seesaw Class As Is!!!
You do not need to do anything. Don’t archive your class or your students.
The ISD Ed Tech Department will take care of everything for you. After school is completed, your class will automatically be archived and a new class will be created for you before the beginning of next school year. Everything will be ready for you when you return in the Fall.
Tip 3: Make sure families are connected
So much amazing learning has occurred in your classroom this year. Making sure that families are connected will ensure that they get to see all the wonderful things their child has displayed in Seesaw. So, if you haven’t already connected your families, here is how it is done:
- When you are signed in as a teacher, click on the bottom right of the screen on the “+Families” button.
- This will give you access inviting your families via a paper invitation.
- Alternatively, you can view a sample email that you can customize for sending out to families.
Here is a link from Seesaw that can walk you through the process of connecting families.
Tip 4: Create a “Best Of” folder in Seesaw
At the end of the year, it is a great time for your students to reflect on all the great things they have shared in Seesaw. Your students have made some amazing growth and having them choose some posts that they are proud of or that they consider their best work can go in this folder. The great thing about Seesaw For Schools is that your students will have access to this folder next year when they move on to their new class. To learn how to make a “Best Of Folder” go to this link:
Tip 5: Common Mistakes To Avoid
The end of the year is a busy time and it is important to avoid making some of the common mistakes in Seesaw that teachers make. Here are 3 things to avoid doing with your Seesaw class.
- Don’t delete your students from your class
- Don’t delete your class
- Don’t turn off Family access if it is already turned on.
Remember, because you are using Seesaw for Schools, you can leave your Seesaw class alone. Everything will be taken care of for you.
Bonus Tip: End of the Year Activities
To help you end the school year right while using Seesaw, here are some activities from the Seesaw Activity Library that were collected just for this occasion: