Canvas New Analytics is available at the course level in Canvas. In order to enable this, you will need to open your course, open settings, and then choose “navigation.” From there, you will want to enable New Analytics (remember to SAVE). It can also be accessed from the course home dashboard.
New Analytics offers some class insights such as average course grade, weekly online activity, individual student activity, and the ability to generate reports. Each can be narrowed down by a section or a student. The New Analytics dashboard updates every 24-hours and may be delayed up to 40-hours.
Report options include missing assignments, late assignments, excused assignments, class roster, and course activity.
Per Canvas, Use New Analytics to:
- View average course grade analytics as an interactive chart graph or a data table
- Compare the course average with an individual assignment, course section, or student filter using the chart graph comparison or data table comparison
- View average weekly online participation analytics as an interactive chart graph or a data table
- Compare the course average weekly online participation analytics with an individual student or section using the chart graph comparison or data table comparison
- Send a message to all students based on specific course grade or participation criteria
- Send a message to an individual student based on specific course grade or participation criteria
- View course grade and participation analytics for an individual student
- View and download reports on missing, late, or excused assignments, class roster, and course activity.
For more support on using Canvas, please contact your Ed Tech Lead or Ed Tech TOSA.
Excellent platform for students and teachers.This specific Education Technology covers most of the teacher concerns when doing on-line work and assignments..
[…] Canvas New Analytics, Data at your Fingertips […]