Quizizz is a tool that gives students real time feedback on vocabulary, unit review material, reading comprehension checks, exit tickets, concept introduction, and more. It may be used with different devices since it is a web-based program and would be ideal in a BYOD classroom. Students are engaged with a funky avatar, immediate feedback, and a leader board. Teachers may use a question timer for bonus points or turn it off when speed is NOT encouraged.
Creating and delivering your Quizizz is easy! You may use question sets that are already curated or create your own. Students complete the Quzzizz in class using the present mode and/or assign it as homework by posting directions on your classroom website.
Here is a great video to get you started!
If you have tried Kahoot! and loved it, but wonder if there is a way to extend that enthusiasm beyond the whole class learning opportunity you may want to try Quizziz. Learn more here.
Play the Game “How to Quizizz”
1. Open http://join.quizizz.com in your browser
2. Enter the 5-digit game code 409054, and click “Proceed”
3. Now enter your name and click “Join Game!”
4. You will get an avatar, and then see a “Start Game” button. Click it to begin!
Tier 3 Technology Integration:
- Students form groups to create questions and present their game to others
- Create a Quizizz to play at the same time as another class in your building or beyond
That is an interesting page. It was easy to use – maybe a bit of delay between questions for older students, but very nicely done.