One of the most useful parts of Class Notebook is the Student Notebook.
Class Notebook makes it easy to distribute pages to those Student Notebooks, either as a whole class or to targeted groups of students. Read below to find out how. *
*These directions require you to be working in OneNote 2013 or 2016.
Before you start
Make sure you have installed the Class Notebook Add. Don’t have it? Click here for directions (this will set you back about 3-5 minutes.)
Distribute a page to all students in your class
- Open the Class Notebook you’d like to distribute from in OneNote.
- Select the page(s) you want to distribute in your notebook’s Content Library or Collaboration Space. To select multiple pages at once, hold down the Shift key as you select them.
- Select the Class Notebook tab, then select Distribute Page.
- Choose the notebook section you’d like the page(s) copied to. For example: Handouts. All students will get a copy of the page in their notebook’s Handouts section.
Pro Tip: Distribute pages to multiple class notebooks
Share pages to all students in multiple classes at the same time. For example, if you teach two Algebra classes, you can distribute a handout to both classes at once.
- Open the Class Notebook that has the pages or sections you want to distribute.
- Select the page(s) you want to distribute. To select multiple pages at once, hold down the Shift key as you select them.
- Select Distribute Page in the Class Notebook ribbon, then Cross Notebook Distribution.
- Use the checkboxes to select the notebooks and notebook sections you’d like to distribute the page(s) to. For example: Handouts.
- Select Copy.