Have you discovered Chrome extensions yet? Extensions are exactly what they sound like — they extend the performance of your browser.
Why would you want an extension? The extensions can be a quick and easy way to do something, say, block an ad, shorten a web address, or translate a document with the click of a button. It can make your workflow more efficient.
How do extensions work? First, go to the Chrome Web Store and browse or search for an extension. If you hover your pointer over an extension, it will give you additional information about the function. When you’ve found one you want to try, click on it and more information will pop up. If you decide you want to try it out, click on the blue ADD TO CHROME button in the upper right corner.
An button with the icon of the extension will appear in the upper right corner of your browser. Click on it to access additional options or to activate the extension.
Below is a short list of some useful extension to get you started.
- AdBlock Plus – Eliminates advertisements on the web.
- Evernote Web Clipper – Lets you send any link or site to Evernote.
- Bitly – A simple URL shortener. It can also provide click analytics as well as a custom URL.
- Save to Google Drive – Saves web content or screenshots directly to your Google Drive
- Adobe Acrobat Create PDF – Converts a webpage to a pdf file.